On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM, mray <m...@mray.de> wrote:

On 20.10.2015 16:20, Stephen Michel wrote:

4. What's the logic behind having them, period? Depending on your answer
 to that...

I'm not sure I get what you mean. You mean what is the purpose of the
border around child tickets?

I meant the child ticket bubble itself. What're the use cases? I wrote this just by typing my thoughts. I was trying to think, if I come to a ticket, in what situations would it be useful for me to have more information, and which information?

Another way I could have said it: I have no personal or professional experience with this kind of system and I'm curious about your thought process behind the design.

4A. What if they were only displayed when a thread is collapsed? Then
 their function is to make the document easily searchable.

4B. What if they were in line with the bottom of the title? This would require a slight visual change (ex, a line separating title from body like in the ticket composition window) to keep them from looking out of
 place.

4C. Should they be displayed only in other tickets, or in any top-level
 or minimized comment with a ticket descendent?

This would litter all related comments and display ticket information in
non-ticket items which seems to be out of place.

5. It would be really nice if they were all links that made you jump to that ticket (and expand any of the ticket's ancestors, or that'd be weird).

That is an obvious function of the tickets. They also should feature the
ticket title in the mouse-over.

 Looking forward to the next iteration,

 ~Stephen