On 11.12.2015 02:59, Aaron Wolf wrote:

> On 12/10/2015 05:23 PM, mray wrote:
>>

>> On 11.12.2015 00:20, Diana Connolly wrote:
>>> Ok, I just talked to April at mill and I'm sending her more information via
>>> email so she can put together an idea of cost.
>>> As far as colors go, the shirt color doesn't matter at all. We could have
>>> one of every color and it wouldn't change the cost.
>>> There is a set up fee of $25 for one color, and you get one color change
>>> free.
>>> So we could do two shirt colors with different inks with no additional cost.
>>>
>>> Things that affect the costs are screens, ink changes, ink underlays if
>>> needed and shirts. Currently we have three designs to screen - logo and two
>>> cartoons. I'll let you know when I get more information.
>>>
>>> The next question is mostly for Robert - Do you envision any multi-color
>>> design at all?
>>>

>> Thanks Diana for your input and research!
>>
>> I think that printing just one color is the safest and cheapest way to
>> go. Given that a second color would only be used to add shading I don't
>> see the need for it. I'd only consider it for no extra cost.
>>
>> As a quick reference I threw together some shirt-ink combinations that
>> made sense to look.
>>
>> I think your palette opens a space for more exciting shirts but I also
>> think we should remain as close to a Snowdrift-ish look as possible.
>>
>> Having different cartoons on light/dark shirts is a result of the shovel
>> being impractical on extra background, but then again I like the idea of
>> having "light" and "dark" in more than one sense. I actually like that
>> subtle restriction.
>>
>> Spacing and size isn't final, just this together before going to bed.
>> All in all I think the combinations with most contrast are winners, gray
>> interestingly turns out to be even more problematic than I anticipated.
>>
>> Does anybody miss a combination?
>> What are your favorites?
>>

> Nice work mocking this up. I think the low-contrast bolder-blue shirt
> doesn't work and the medium-gray with white printing doesn't work, just
> not enough contrast.
>
> I like the first in each row best initially, but then I also kinda like
> the top right if it just had a little more contrast, either or both
> slightly darker blue or larger size for the items on the back. It's a
> little harder to read, but the color combination is nice aesthetically.
>
> I think the two shirts with the dark being the angrier one and the light
> being the shovel one, that's nice enough, even though it doesn't give
> people the option of preferring a dark shirt and the more mild design.
>
> Otherwise, I'm not loving the light blue as the light shirt. So, I made
> some mockups quickly with the other shirts, the Cream, Sand, and Light
> Gray. I'm not sure what the back-image was from the site, looks like a
> light version of the Heather Gray. Anyway, I'd like to hear from others,
> but I think I prefer the Light Gray overall as the light shirt, and I
> [...]

Leaving aesthetics apart – the warm colors don't feel snowdrift-ish
enough for me.
Ironically the best gray (the one from the back shot) does not seem to
be available as an option, which is why I put in the closest thing in my
mockup.

My favorites are the same as Jonathans:

* Aarons top right (if available!)
* my bottom middle