Very critical notifications can be set to have a non-expiring timeout. This
would ensure that they stay visible until the user acknowledges them.

Some people have also talked about writing a notification backlog for
important notifications, where an icon in the tray blinks when there's
certain notifications you missed. The problem with this is that you really
need to have a fine-grained concept of what's important and should trigger
the blinking. You could leave it at critical notifications and you might be
fine, but these may as well just be set to not disappear by the calling
program if it's really important (your battery is going to explode).

Christian

--
Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.