I'm not sure how I missed this thread..

Regarding maintaining jhbuild  up to gtk+ - I would actually like to see
this up to at gnome-shell.  We have a number of people who I have convinced
to help volunteer to resolve bugs for GNOME 3.7, but are very frustrated
with getting jhbuild to build for them.

We really should make it a goal to get an SDK for our volunteers to help
fix issues.

We are considering doing a jhbuild hackfest once a month for volunteers to
learn and understand how to build under jhbuild and grow enough builders to
make it self sustaining.

But getting a certain set of modules always in buildable state is a great
goal and I hope we can do this.

sri