Thanks for the bug report. Please attach a screenshot of the problem and
also run this command to automatically gather more system information:
apport-collect 2057964
** Package changed: xorg-server (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell-extension-appindicator
(Ubuntu)
** Tags added: jammy nvidia
** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-appindicator (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2057964
Title:
xserver for NVDIA GeForce GT710 not showing widgets but windows
Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
On my Ububtu 22.04.4 system, NVDIA GeForce GT710, my-weather-indicator does
not show widget as they should be (move them across desktop, positioning,
showing on all desktop, etc.), but are shown as windows, impossible to move
from the position they have when shown.
If I switch my drivers to nvdia-driver-470, surprise!: everything works as
expected, widgets are really widgets and I can see weather information on every
desktop, in the position I placed them.
The problem is that I can't use nvdia-driver-470 because they let crash my
digital signature application, which is more important to me than weather info,
so I have to use xorg-server, but I would like it to work correctly with
widgets as well.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-appindicator/+bug/2057964/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp