** Summary changed:

- PPPoE login fails when login keyring is not open (low urgency)
+ NM fails to connect PPPoE  when keyring is not open; killing and restarting
nm-applet fixes it

** Package changed: network-manager (Ubuntu) => network-manager-applet
(Ubuntu)

  NM fails to connect PPPoE  when keyring is not open; killing and
  restarting nm-applet fixes it

Status in “network-manager-applet” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  I have disabled the login password on boot (because I have a long
  password for full disk encryption). After logging in, when I try to
  connect to a PPPoE (DSL) connection, I am asked to unlock my login
  keyring. I do this. Network Manager then repeatedly asks me for a
  password, and it fails to open the connection. Work-around: I kill the
  nm-applet process and restart it, and it can then open the connection.

  Release:      10.04
  network-manager:
    Installed: 0.8-0ubuntu3
    Candidate: 0.8-0ubuntu3