@seidler2547: Is the bug still present in Ubuntu 12.04?

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Wireless interface doesn't acquire IPv6 address on first try

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  I have a network where an IPv6 router sends router advertisments (via radvd)
and another router serves IPv4 DHCP.
  Whenever I switch on my laptop, it will on first try acquire an IPv4 address
form DHCP via the WiFi interface (ipw2200), but no IPv6 address (only
link-local).

  However, when I switch off the WiFi interface either via HW kill switch or by
unchecking "Enable Wireless" in the Network-Manager, and then re-enable it, it
will correctly acquire both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address.
  This is on Ubuntu 10.04. The NM setting for IPv6 is "Ignore", because no
other setting would make it listen to RADV messages and successfully acquire an
IPv6 address.

  Please ask for any additional information needed.