thank you for your bug report, that got reported before, see bug #952889

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

   In every panel, System Settings contains a button that does nothing

  Breadcrumbs can be mistaken for a tab bar

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  1. Look at the panel at the top of the screen.  Click on your username.
  2. Select "user accounts" from the menu.

  A window opens - see screenshot.  At the top, there is "All Settings"
  and "User accounts".

  I'm not used to Ubuntu.  (I use KDE more).  My first impression is
  that this is some sort of tab bar, with two options.  If I remember my
  interfaces right, I think Mac users might have an even stronger
  impression of this.  And I'm not particularly expecting a two-item
  "breadcrumb" navigation bar, because I haven't done any navigation;
  I've only just opened a new window.

  As a result, while exploring the dialog, our user clicks on "all
  settings" to see what the other tab means.  He's rewarded with a  sea
  of icons (the gnome control center :).

  A second level of frustration comes in, because this is a bit like
  starting a navigational file browser at a specific directory, and then
  accidentally going "up" a level.  But unlike Dolphin/Konqueror,
  Firefox or Nautilus, there's no quick "back" button to reverse the
  mistake.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu0.3
  Date: Tue Jul 17 21:15:29 2012
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center
  usr_lib_gnome-control-center:
   activity-log-manager-control-center 0.9.4-0ubuntu3
   deja-dup                            22.0-0ubuntu2
   gnome-bluetooth                     3.2.2-0ubuntu5
   indicator-datetime                  0.3.94-0ubuntu2