[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Canon printer won't work with low ink warning

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a Canon-MP495 which was working fine, scanner and printer, via
  wireless. Since the low ink alarm is appearing the printer won't work
  any more. I can send jobs to print but the the yellow light will
  appear and the job will not complete with error.

  The status at http://localhost:631/printers/Canon-MP495
  is
  stopped "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij failed"

  I can still make copies using the printer manually and it works if I
  replace the cartridge, however the current cartridge is still usable
  since the printer will warn very early.

  Also, there is no option to disable the "Low Ink Warning".

  I'm using the latest printer drivers 3.40-1 on Precise