Hi Vineeth, and thank you for your report. Are you still experiencing
this problem installing Software Center? If you are not and the problem
has been resolved since the time of your report, please let us know so
that we can close this. If you are still experiencing this issue,
however, please let us know what version of Ubuntu you are currently
running. Also, please type the following commands into a terminal window
and let us know the result.

  $ sudo apt-get update
  $ apt-cache policy software-center

Many thanks for your help!

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, but when i start a download the ubuntu
  software center is stucking up at updating cache in the progress ,  i
  cannot download even one app till now , pleazz zhelp me

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  i tried many commands in the terminal , i even tried to uninstall and
  reinstall command , but it is displaying

  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  Reinstallation of software-center is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.

  please help me solve the problem