This also, for me, just started happening within the last 24 hours.

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in Ubuntu.

  "evolution-data-server" has to be installed for Thunderbird 15 after
  upgrade to be executable, otherwise Thunderbird will crashs at runtime

Status in “evolution-data-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “evolution-data-server” source package in Quantal:

  "evolution-data-server" had to be installed for Thunderbird 15 after upgrade
to be executable,
  otherwise Thunderbird crashed at runtime.

  This happened after installing all (K)ubuntu updates from 2012-08-16.
  The distribution is "Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal".

  There was a glib - error reported. Some dbus - error about not accessable
evolution settings.
  After installing "evolution-data-server-common". The error message was more
elaborate, but the error persisted.
  After installing "evolution-data-server" and restarting Thunderbird, the
error was gone.

  I uninstalled "evolution-data-server-common" and "evolution-data-
  server" afterwards.

  The error is gone, it seems to me that the bug was caused by the
  automatic upgrade to Thundrbird 15.