I have this bug again with the latest upgrade to Xubuntu12.10

** Attachment added: "Alacarte.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/alacarte/+bug/258466/+attachment/3405747/+files/Alacarte.jpg

Packages, which is subscribed to alacarte in Ubuntu.

  Unable to configure Administration menu

Status in Alacarte Menu Editor:
  New
Status in “alacarte” package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 8.04.1, the Administration menu under System is not
  configurable. I am attempting this process:

  1. Right click Applications on the top-left of the screen, next to the Ubuntu
logo
  2. Choose Edit Menus
  3. Navigate to System -> Administration
  4. Check/Uncheck anything

  What happens is, a moment (sometimes as long as a second) after I
  check/uncheck something on this list, it reverts itself. This for
  instance means I have to manually run "gksu /usr/sbin/gdmsetup" should
  I want to enable remote logins, or other such tweaks.

  Screenshot of the dialog in question is attached. I do not know what
  package this would be considered, but I don't think this is the fault
  of the menu editor itself, rather something wrong with the files it is
  attempting to alter.