Francesco,

I've verified that your package builds and works on the device, and I'm
preparing to upload it to our PPA.

Can you tell me what you expect the next release number to be? 0.98.3?
0.99? I wan to ensure a smooth transition between the PPA package and
the eventual release.

Packages, which is subscribed to cairo in Ubuntu.

  1st time running onboard with default theme is painfully slow

Status in Cairo Graphics Library:
  Confirmed
Status in Onboard on-screen keyboard:
  Fix Committed
Status in Ubuntu on the Nexus 7:
  Confirmed
Status in “cairo” package in Ubuntu:

  The current behavior tweak of onboard is to hide it when the session
  starts.

  This leads to a useability issue when starting the dash for the first
  time, e.g. as the dash opens and an empty onboard frame is rendered
  but not usable for 45 seconds.

  I would prefer to have the keyboard opened when the session starts and
  pay the price then, rather than randomly irritating the user the first
  time he/she tries to do input.