Bug #1054495 was reported on 22 Sept 2012 and seems to have been fairly quickly
accepted, diagnosed and fixed for Quantal (12.10).
The same issue affects Precise (12.04) to the same extent.
Precise is an LTS release and it will probably have more users with Quantal so
I am puzzled by the hesitancy in porting the fix to Precise.  Unless of course
it is to get a the fix out into the field to prove its robustness.  If this is
the case why not say so ?
For me, Ubuntu knocks the spots off the other OSs, especially Windows and the
depth & breadth of software available is wonderful.  That is works so well
alongside & with Mac and Windows is also great - I can't avoid them in the
workplace.

So - please keep up the good work but please could we have back the
capability of printing from our iPads & IPhones !!!

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  AirPrint doesn't work on iOS 6 device

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “cups” source package in Precise:

  After iOS 6 update on my iPad2 device Airprin doesn't work on my ubuntu 12,04
"precise" machine.
  On my iPhone with iOS 5.1.1 still works fine.

  I dont know if any attachement is required for this issue.
  Sorry...