** Branch linked: lp:lightdm

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Locking session leads to stale X server

Status in Light Display Manager:
  Fix Committed
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Choosing "Switch to different user" in Ubuntu gives you another login
  screen, which is very nice and useful. However after using that
  alternate session, lightdm keeps the X server and greeter for that
  alternate session open and running. Gdm, on the contrary, terminates
  the X server for the alternate session when you log out of it.

  This behaviour does make a difference when you run Ubuntu on a laptop
  on battery. Using the alternate login just once after boot (and ending
  the session again) initiates a constant cpu load of 1-2% (on my
  laptop). Doesn't sound much. But compared to "idle" without the second
  X server and greeter, this is an increase of about 75%.

  I admit that I didn't have the time to keep the laptop running idlely
  und doing some real battery measurements. But with a laptop on
  battery, you should use any possibility to save energy.