Specification updated.
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter?action=diff&rev2=684&rev1=683>

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt) => (unassigned)

** Description changed:

- Binary package hint: software-store
+ software-store 0.3.6.1, Ubuntu 9.10

  As I understand that this is meant to be a simple front end suitable for
  new users, I'm not sure of the best way to handle this. But... There
  needs to be some way of informing the user of how the actions they are
  about to take will effect their system. Perhaps an advanced drop down
  list? Information about dependencies being pulled can be important.

  Case:

  I was testing Software Store. I decided to install what seemed like a
  small game (Bomber). Installation seemed to take a long time. After it
  was complete, I notice that my netbook's drive is nearly full. Well,
  turns out that Bomber is a KDE4 app and pulls in a large part of the
  stack on my GNOME only system.

-   libclucene0ldbl libqt4-opengl libxine1-x kdebase-runtime-data-common
-   kdebase-runtime libqt4-sql-mysql libqt4-dbus libxine1-misc-plugins kdelibs5
-   libxcb-xv0 libkdegames5 libqt4-qt3support libknotificationitem1
-   kde-icons-oxygen libxine1-bin liblzma0 libsoprano4 kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4
-   libqt4-webkit kdelibs5-data libqtcore4 libxcb-shape0 libqt4-sql libqt4-svg
-   cuyo-data libstreamanalyzer0 libqt4-xml libplasma3 libqt4-network
-   phonon-backend-xine libqt4-designer kdelibs-bin libqtgui4 libqt4-phonon
-   khelpcenter4 libstreams0 libqt4-script libaudio2 libxcb-shm0 soprano-daemon
-   kdebase-runtime-data libxine1-console libxine1
+   libclucene0ldbl libqt4-opengl libxine1-x kdebase-runtime-data-common
+   kdebase-runtime libqt4-sql-mysql libqt4-dbus libxine1-misc-plugins kdelibs5
+   libxcb-xv0 libkdegames5 libqt4-qt3support libknotificationitem1
+   kde-icons-oxygen libxine1-bin liblzma0 libsoprano4 kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4
+   libqt4-webkit kdelibs5-data libqtcore4 libxcb-shape0 libqt4-sql libqt4-svg
+   cuyo-data libstreamanalyzer0 libqt4-xml libplasma3 libqt4-network
+   phonon-backend-xine libqt4-designer kdelibs-bin libqtgui4 libqt4-phonon
+   khelpcenter4 libstreams0 libqt4-script libaudio2 libxcb-shm0 soprano-daemon
+   kdebase-runtime-data libxine1-console libxine1

  A new user would have no idea how there drive was filled up. And while
  they might not know the difference between GNOME and KDE, seeing that
  long list of dependencies would made them think twice if they know space
  is at a premium.

- ProblemType: Bug
- Architecture: i386