LibreOffice 3.6 and later has an internal unity integration and thus
does not need lo-menubar anymore.

** Changed in: lo-menubar

  Tools -> Language does not work w/ lo-menubar and LibreOffice

Status in LibreOffice Menubar:
  Won't Fix
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  lo-menubar (0.1.0-0ubuntu1) with LibreOffice (1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5) on
  natty/amd64 does not display the submenus for language selection. For
  example, if I have an English document and I want to change the
  language to German, I usually select Tools -> Language -> For all text
  -> German.

  This works fine with the default menu.  With lo-menubar, there are no
  submenus for For all Text, For Selection, For Paragraph. Uninstalling
  lo-menubar brings back the desired behavior.