Although it's actually not ignoring options completely.
using e.g. "-extension blaa" gives an error message and a list of switchable
extensions.
Using "-extension Composite" however apparently has no effect!

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Xvfb ignores command line arguments

Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a serer I log in to for running applications.  This server uses
  Xvfb, as I use librsvg in my software, and it apparently requires
  Xvfb.  I am trying to resolve an issue: Xlib:  extension "RANDR"
  missing on display ":3.0"

  My research indicates that this is due to XINERAMA.  Looking at Xvfb,
  I see that Xvfb hase two options that may be helpful : '-xinerama' to
  not use XINERAMA, and '-extension XXX' to not use that extension. The
  problem is, Xvfb completely ignores both of these options. I've tried
  every premutation I can think of, and I always get this when starting
  Xvfb "Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA".

  I have tried to disable other extensions just to see if '-extension'
  would prevent any extension from being loaded, and it does not.  No
  command line options change what extensions are being loaded.