[Expired for software-center (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Cannot install Steam

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I'm trying to install Steam through the Software Center.  When I click
  "Buy...", I am taken to a screen that looks like the Ubuntu One OpenID
  login screen and prompted for my password.  I enter my password and
  hit Submit.  I'm then told that it's connecting to the payment server.
  It then redirects back to the Steam page, with the throbber in the top
  right indicating activity, but nothing happening.

  When I switch to another window then back again, the throbber is gone.

  (Side note: saying "Buy..." for something free is just plain weird. I
  assume mpt has already filed that bug).

  Package: software-center 5.4.1.4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-22.34-generic 3.5.7.2
  Date: Thu Feb 14 21:42:51 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Beta amd64 (20120301)
  MarkForUpload: True
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: software-center
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to quantal on 2012-08-19 (179 days ago)