** Changed in: somerville

** No longer affects: dell

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [Feisty] Microphone not working

Status in The Somerville Project:
  Fix Released
Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  With Edgy, it did not work so well : it happened that the microphone
  muted by itself, but at least I could get it working sometimes.

  With Feisty, nothing works.
  It sounds like my microphone is not recognized anymore.
  For instance, I open the sound-recorder program, start record but when it
comes to play nothing happens : not sound was caught.

  I downloaded the sources of Alsa and compiled it. It did not change anything.
  I also tried many of the tricks that one can find about microphone related
issues. None worked for me.

  My hardware is a laptop chipset :
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family)
High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)

  Thanks in advance for your help, because it is quite annoying not to
  be able to give a call.

  JC