Hardy has seen the end of its life and is no longer receiving any
updates. Marking the Hardy task for this ticket as "Won't Fix".

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu Hardy)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  evolution crashed with SIGSEGV in e_cal_menu_target_new_select()

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  Fix Released
Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “evolution” source package in Hardy:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: evolution

  Evolution crashed while my laptop was left unattended.  Therefore I
  cannot tell which action lead to this crash.

  In the terminal where I started evolution, the following messages were
  displayed before the crash:

  (evolution:2814): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_status_icon_set_visible:
  assertion `GTK_IS_STATUS_ICON (status_icon)' failed

  (evolution:2814): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
  camel-Message: --
  Making error
  camel-Message: --

  (evolution:2814): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **:
  e_cal_model_get_component_at: assertion `row >= 0 && row <
  priv->objects->len' failed

  (evolution:2814): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **:
  e_cal_model_copy_component_data: assertion `comp_data != NULL' failed

  [1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) evolution  (wd: ~)

  ProblemType: Crash
  Architecture: i386