I have a .zip file which I am trying to extract using the context menu,
as I am using the graphical desktop version.  The uncompressing works
fine except when it encounters some kind of invalid file which
presumably is invalid according to some CRC check.

No information is provided on the invalid file.  There is no apparent
effort to restore the contents 'on a best effort' basis'.  No exception
log is generated.

jonathan@ubuntu:~$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 3.2.0-52-generic-pae #78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 26 16:43:19 UTC 2013
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
jonathan@ubuntu:~$

NOTE: Is there no place for attachments in this form?

** Affects: file-roller (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
.Zip file includes invalid file, but no exception report is generated
Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.