Thank you for the tests.

This means that the odd resolution (4800x1200 dpi) which got put into
the "Normal" setting of the "cupsPrintQuality" option breaks it (as I
assumed yesterday).

You should be able to work around this if the print dialog of the
application offers a "Print Quality" option where you can set "Draft" or
"High".

I have already posted a upstream bug report on CUPS:

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5091
The driverless PPD generator chooses resolutions for cupsPrintQuality settings
badly

Unfortunately, Mike Sweet, the author of CUPS, is currently on vacation,
so it can take some time until he will read this bug report.

Note that the PPD generator in cups-filters is a near 100% copy of the
one of CUPS. I will look into fixing it there and then proposing a patch
to CUPS.

** Bug watch added: github.com/apple/cups/issues #5091
   https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5091

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Driverless printing only prints a blank sheet 17.10

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in cups-filters package in Ubuntu:

  Driverless printing works perfectly in Ubuntu 17.04 with my Epson WF 3620.
Scanning is also perfect.
  I have 17.10 on another SSD and driverless printing was working but recent
updates have broken this. I reinstalled from the Aug 14th daily build and have
updated it daily but printing still does not work