Thanks for the update, Lynne. I will close the report now.
Have a great day!
:)

Closed per reporter’s feedback.

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  error in HPLIP in 11.10 please fix !

Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I earlier posted this question with question #174286 but did not
  receive any solution yet.

  I have Ubuntu 11.10 installed on my laptop and trying to install  HP
  Laserjet 1020 printer. I downloaded hplip 3.11.10 and tried to install
  from Terminal. When I gave command 'sh hplip-3.11.10.run' following is
  the error:

  Creating directory hplip-3.11.10
  Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums:
61ecde6d0f501fe96435ea364a53dcc1 is different from
36f452c28c4295e675beb83bb3694c1f

  Please advise on how to install the printer successfully.

  Ramamohan

  I get that on mine also . . and I have a HP M1522nf MFP . . won't
  print, scan, or copy . . Error says it is in the HPLIP file made in
  Ubuntu by some one PLEASE fix it so I can upgrade to 11.10 . .