On 2019-10-09 05:18, Peng Wu wrote:
>> The dictionary built in conjunction with libpinyin 2.2 cannot be
>> ported to version 2.3.
>
> @Gunnar Hjalmarsson: It will only clean up the user data, and provide
> better dictionary data in libpinyin.
>
> Please use the tar ball release for packaging, thanks!

The latest libpinyin release, 2.3.0, will be used in Ubuntu 19.10.

But when you say "will only clean up the user data", does it mean that
an upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 will automatically delete the users'
whole input history from the cache? Or do you mean something else?

I'm asking with the already released Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04 in mind.
It's possible to do stable release updates of those, if the most recent
libpinyin version can be considered a pure bug fix release. However, if
the upgrade would automatically delete the users' input history, that
would be an interruption of the user experience which would not be
suitable for a stable release update.

Would appreciate if you could clarify.

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus-libpinyin in Ubuntu.

  Cannot input Chinese if only "Chinese (Intelligent Pinyin)" is set

Status in ibus-libpinyin package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  See also https://github.com/libpinyin/ibus-libpinyin/issues/184

  Ubuntu 19.04. If I only install "Chinese (Intelligent Pinyin)", after
  pressing 'super+space' input is switched to Pinyin (can be seen from
  the icon on system bar). However it still input English directly. Even
  if I tried 'shift' button it's still the same.

  If I install "Chinese (Pinyin)" it works all perfect. If I install
  both "Chinese (Pinyin)" and "Chinese (Intelligent Pinyin)", both
  works.

  So, seems something is missing? Something required by Intelligent
  Pinyin but only installed with Pinyin?

  Package: ibus-libpinyin 1.11.0-1ubuntu0.19.04
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu27.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME