Okay so that's good, but why use an ambiguous term such as "Pointer
assistance" when it's more widely known as "Mouse acceleration"? You
have to drill down into the tooltip to even see the connection, and I
think this is likely to lead to a lot of people not even knowing what
that setting does. Like, I really think there's less value in using the
term "Pointer assistance" over the term "Mouse acceleration", as anyone
who actually wants to turn the setting off will be looking for "Mouse
acceleration" and not "Pointer assistance".

  Can we please get Mouse Acceleration as a GUI control?

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Can we please get a GUI control for adjusting and turning off Mouse
  Acceleration? This is really important for gaming.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE