Yes, I requested "Mouse Acceleration" not any other name for it, or
behaviour. And this bug/feature request should implement it as "Mouse
Acceleration" as that is the term used when humans talk about it, namely
in the gaming community/industries.

I have posted in that thread you've linked to, thanks for pointing me to
this.

It would be a mistake to call this feature anything but "Mouse
Acceleration" as that is what a human is expecting to see when looking
for that setting, and using any other term or verbiage would tangibly
make it harder to actually know which setting disables "Mouse
Acceleration".

The fact there are guides showing how to disable "Mouse Acceleration" in
other operating systems reliably demonstrates that the terms used by
Windows/macOS, etc, are not sensible or self-indicative terms. If the
term used were "Mouse Acceleration", a guide realistically would likely
not be needed at all.

Adding a function should always take usability into consideration, and
there is a very tangible usability difference between "Mouse
Acceleration" as a term for the function, or _any other term used_.

The devs will do as they may, but again, it would be a tangible mistake
to not use "Mouse Acceleration" as the name.

  Can we please get Mouse Acceleration as a GUI control?

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Can we please get a GUI control for adjusting and turning off Mouse
  Acceleration? This is really important for gaming.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.26.2-0ubuntu0.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE