Sebastien,

Yes it happens every time I leave it open on that particular version of
ubuntu.  It does not happen on my 64 bit system. We actually have 3
machines running ubuntu but the third one has not been in use  for long
enough to know.
We would need to set up 32 bit machine open nautilus and wait. Is there
a way to turn on debug?

I have been a software developer and computer system instructor.  On
that particular machine I am developing a system in spin for a parallax
propeller. I am also starting to develop another piece of the system in
python.
For a while I was a unix administrator (aix).

I would be prepared to do whatever I can if you  want to give me
guidance.  I love challenges!

I ran memtest on the machine and it passed but there could still be a
hardware glitch somewhere but it seems to affect only nautilus.
I thought it might be a problem with 'bst' which is a ide for spin as it
is buggy but I added a tool to gedit to run the compiler and created a
language file so I can use gedit instead.

Mike

On 12-03-12 04:27 PM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
> Ubuntu better. Please answer these questions:
>
> * Is this reproducible?
> * If so, what specific steps should we take to recreate this bug?
>
> This will help us to find and resolve the problem.
>
> ** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
>
> ** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  After a short period of use nautilus no longer reponds and becomes a
  zombie

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Nautilus may last for hours or just minutes then fails to respond.
  Menu items don't respond. It can't be shut down.  ps -A does not show
  a process for nautilus.  It can't be restarted. Shutdown of linux
  usually hangs at the request to terminate all processes.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu4.1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-16-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386