https://translations.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter << It should be
set up now, please confirm if it's ok, as I'm not very good with the LP
translation system...

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  In Precise, lightdm-gtk-greeter is entirely untranslatable

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, lightdm-gtk-greeter is
  untranslatable. Possibly because it hasn't been set up correctly in
  Launchpad?

  This is awkward, because lightdm-gtk-greeter is the default greeter of
  Xubuntu and Lubuntu. Now there's no possibility of localizing it. As a
  member of the Ubuntu Dutch Translators team, I see this as a serious
  problem.

  Strangely enough, in Oneiric 11.10 lightdm-gtk-greeter *is*
  translatable (and has therefore been fully translated in many
  languages). That indicates a faulty setup in Launchpad for 12.04.

  Please fix this soon: it's very important for both Xubuntu and
  Lubuntu....