Am Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2005 20:49 schrieb Jon Walker:

Jon,

> resonate with everyone here is that conflict resolution should be done
> by a group that DOES NOT contain representatives of the various projects
> but rather the beneficiaries i.e. users and ISVs (and/or whoever else is
> a beneficiary of the work being done). I think that this produces better
> results and also tends to avoid compromises where the right solution
> would oppose a particular project's values.

This might well be very much correct though I am honestly afraid that it does
not fit into the OSS model of developing software.

The proposed solution may fit optimally for payed sw but not really for
volunteer projects. How do you assume that the proposed conflict resolution
board made of beneficiaries can demand anything from those doing the actual
work.

> as their may not be enough people outside of the various projects that
> care enough to participate in this way. I for one would. Maybe just
> working towards this goal is a good thing?

I am very happy and exited about ISVs getting involved in this matter. What
about the ISVs and other beneficiaries forming an advisory board. This can be
a way of them to voice their needs and opinions and can help to fund part of
the effort of gettings things done.

The later can happen with organizing meetings (thanks to OSDL!), paying for
air fares and hotels.

Regards,
-- martin

--