On 06/08/13 08:53, Jordano Francisco (UK) wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> On 06/08/2013 07:43, "Jonas Sicking" <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:

>>> I think that's an important point. There are some cases you want to
>>> control the LED separately.
>>
>> I think we need a bit more detail than that in order to spend time on this
>> :-)
>>
>> / Jonas
>
> Typical use case for this api could be notifications, like FB
> notifications in android,
> use this API to setup the led blue.
>
> Other use cases (in samsung android phones):
>
> Red when plugged in - Charging
> Green when plugged in - Charging complete.
> Red when not plugged in - Low battery warning
> Blue - Audio is recording or you have a notification waiting.

The led changing colour depending on the battery state is clearly a low
level behaviour and we shouldn't have to take care of that at an
application level.

Regarding the notification flashing leds, I am not sure if we want that
to be part of the notification API or part of a LED api. Also, I am not
sure this is available on all devices. It seems that I can't turn on any
LED on my SGS2 for example.

I think we could probably have a system setting to turn on the LED when
there is a pending notification. That way, we can fulfil the most
important use case without exposing an API for the moment.

--
Mounir