(Follow-ups to dev.platform please)

Our Firefox OS partners occasionally need to expose new APIs to Firefox OS
devices for things such as testing and diagnostics purposes.  We should try
to make doing that easier and less error prone to ensure fewer ways of
making mistakes which would lead to the API being exposed unintentionally
where it was not meant to be exposed.

I have filed bug 958667 and bug 961116 with two proposals to make it
possible to express certified only APIs which are hidden behind a
permission check in WebIDL.  There is also the obvious task of documenting
what the proper way of implementing a new certified-only API is, which I am
planning to do once those two bugs land.

Can anybody think of other similar techniques which we can adopt to improve
our story here?  Suggestions on WebIDL annotations, code changes,
documentation, etc. are much appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>