Does anyone know what this tool does? I can fastboot into the bootleader,
and recovery, so if it can be installed from those modes, I could just do
it directly.

I was expecting a lot of rough edges and challenges from a new hacker OS,
but I have to admit I was *not* expecting to be turned away because I don't
use Windows!