Essentially, it seems to install a custom build of FFOS that unlocks the
device to allow adb to connect to it. I tried adb before flashing and it
just didn't recognise any devices.

Apart from that, it would appear using this image disables automated
updating from the Open C's built-in Software Updater. Every time after
rebooting, the following error message is displayed on reboot.

E:failed to verify whole=file signature
E:signature verification failed
Package corrupt.
Update failed.

Not sure if this means the normal updates are incompatible with the
unlocked image. Anyway, that's my experience.

*--Bitmessage <http://bitmessage.org/> me*
*BM-2D97QV3Y4VRfjayrWahqE61XKuQw6dJvj6*