Update:

So I tried to download pvtbuild from few days again, go into fastboot
mode, and flash system.img ONLY in attempt to save my data.
That didn't work -- I still booted into a blank screen.

After that I give up saving the data and flash the userdata.img too,
and my phone is back.
So there is definitely something going on that breaks my profile and
prevent the phone from working even if I revert back to the previous
gecko/gaia.

If there are others having the same issue, please share.