Hi,

I was trying to poke the device in a more or less unexpected way:
Pull an application.zip, make some modifications and push it back. Then
reboot.

The idea was for me to have a small script that keeps track of my
personal modifications (i.e, removing or adding options from
search/providers.json for settings app).

But what I observed is that it doesn't work reliably. I have two Flames,
where one is running an Aurora User build whereas the other is on a
Central Engineering build. And the modifications only work on the
latter, with no visible difference in logcat. The search options are
still the same for the first phone, where they do change for the latter.

The shell script I use is here
<https://gist.github.com/mozfreddyb/a2cd42f1cf8eaf1180d0>

I do check if I have the permission and remount before modifying. I also
reboot after having done the modifications.
Anyone got any clue?

Thanks!
Freddy