Yes, 2.1 is a good choice if you are looking for latest stable Firefox OS
version. We are targeting to hit the code complete milestone for Firefox OS
2.2 on *June 8th*.

Thank you.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Michael Henretty <mhenre...@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> 18D is the latest base image, so FxOS 2.1, 2.2, and 3.0 all run on it. 2.1
> is stable and code complete, and 2.2 is very nearly code complete although
> we are still fixing bugs on it.
>
> If you want the latest stable, 2.1 is probably what you are looking for.
> If you want bleeding edge and want to help us identify bugs, master (or
> 3.0) is the way to go.
>
> Thanks,
> -Michael
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Michael Monreal <michael.monr...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I managed to get my hands on a Flame device recently and have been
>> playing around with it since. One of the many things I wonder about now is
>> the release process of Firefox OS...
>>
>> The Flame came with FxOS 1.3 pre-installed. I found the 18D base image,
>> which says it is a 2.0.0prerelease. However there are also "nightly" builds
>> for 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 and after reading [1] and [2] it looks like at least
>> 2.0 and 2.1 should be "code complete"...
>>
>> I wonder why 2.0 and 2.1 were not "released" into "general availability"
>> and why there is no base image for 2.1. Is there still some kind of
>> development for 2.0 and 2.1?
>>
>> I also wonder which build I am actually supposed to be using right now,
>> as a stable build.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michael
>>
>> [1]
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/FirefoxOS/Release_Milestones
>> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_OS

Kevin Hu
Director, Engineering Project Management and Release Management, Firefox OS
Mozilla Corporation