Thanks for all the replies. However there is still one thing I do not
understand, which is related to this:

On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 10:57:54 AM UTC+2, Michael Henretty wrote:
> 2.1 is stable and code complete, and 2.2 is very nearly code complete
> although we are still fixing bugs on it.

How come when I first installed the 18D base image, which ships with a "2.0.0
prerelease" Firefox OS I did not get any update to "2.0.0" (non-prerelease)?

I would even have expected to be updated to 2.1.0 if that is "code complete"
already but I guess for this 2.1.0 would need to move to the "release" branch,
while it is still in "beta"?

All those developer pages I already read have not really answered these
questions, at least not for me.

Cheers
Michael