On 08/20/2015 06:45 AM, Michael Henretty wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM, <e...@mozilla.com
> <mailto:e...@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>

>     I'm wondering if I'm doing my addon migration the right way,
>     I had updated manifest files according to the mopad:
>     https://etherpad.mozilla.org/converting-fxos-addons
>     But is that all?
>     Do we need to change the API usage like what we did to listen to
>     addon state change?
>

> AFAIK, all the old API usage should work just like before, but Fabrice
> would know better. If something stopped working please let us know and
> file a bug.

API support is expected to be similar, yes.

>     And since we're using manifest format like chrome,
>     do we still support registering activity filters (see below) in addons?
>     https://github.com/yzen/fxos-user-hub/blob/master/manifest.webapp#L20-L28
>

> Good question! Again Fabrice would know better here, but most of the
> underpinnings for the new add-ons is the same as old add-ons. So
> hopefully it will just work™. If now, let's file a bug and fix it quick.

Ha, good point, that will not work because we didn't add any mozilla
extensions support to the chrome manifest. It's technically easy, we
will just have to bikeshed on the name... But something like would work
I think:

moz_extensions: {
  activities: ....
  message: ...