Am 22.12.2011 um 01:19 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>>> PS. I hope that in 2012 I've redone all the code (consistency, mkiv'd,
>>> namespaces, etc).
>>
>> Can we now consider the following prefixes for registers as the suggested
>> method to name them:
>>
>> \newcount: \c_…
>> \newdimen: \d_…
>> \newskip: \s_…
>> \newbox: \b_…
>> \newtoks: \t_…
>
> I hope you don't converge to LaTeX3 syntax after all the rewrite is over :)

No, i think there code is too complicated to understand without an knowledge
about the syntax.

The original purpose of the underscore in context was for modules to provide a
namespace for macros. With the prefixes for registers there is a easy method to
see whether a register is a counter, a dimension or a box (i know \c_… could
also stand for a conditional and \s_… for a signal) but they are only used for
internal code.

All public command which can be used should remain without underscores, e.g.
\doifelsenextbgroup etc.

Wolfgang