Hi All,

We shipped FxA train-77 to production the week before last, but I
didn't get around to sending out these notes before I went on PTO.
Belatedly, the highlights were:

  * Phase one of the "connect a second device" work shipped on this
    train.  Users who open the verification link on a second Firefox
    instance will be prompted to login directly, while those who
    open it elsewhere will receive more targetted messaging about
    connecting a mobile device.

  * We now emit a flow event when email delibery bounces, so we
    should be able to see how many users fail out of the signup
    and signin funnels due to this event.

  * We eliminated redundant duplicate parsing of the client's user-agent
    string in the auth-server, which seems to have produced a
    surprisingly large decrease in CPU usage on those machines.

  * More of our emails now include IP and geolocation data.

  * Several gixes to l10n, including extracting more strings for
    translation, and upgrading the gettext library.

  * A large number of stability and quality fixes for the functional
    tests, which I hear are now running much more reliably.

  * We now show some AMO-specific help text on the signin/signup screen
    if the user is coming from the addons.mozilla.org account migration.

  * The `preVerifyToken` functionality has been removed.  This was
    used during migration of accounts from the Firefox Marketplace,
    to avoid requiring users to perform a second email-confirmation
    loop. We did not have any active reliers that were using it, nor
    plans to add any, so now it's gone.

  * The "show password" button now displays correctly for passwords
    that were auto-filled by the Firefox password manager.

  * Both ux-stlying and code-styling of modal overlay dialogs was
    cleaned up.

  * The oauth-server has started enforcing expiry times on bearer tokens
    generated in 2017 or later.  This should halt the growth of our
    currently-pretty-gigantic backlog of tokens that *should* have been
    expired long ago, but couldn't be for performance reasons.  We'll
    continue cleaning up the backlog via a background script.

As always, you can find more details in the changelogs for each repo:

  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/blob/v1.77.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-mailer/blob/v1.77.0/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-content-server/blob/v0.77.1/CHANGELOG.md
  https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-oauth-server/blob/v0.77.0/CHANGELOG.md

There are also detailed PR metrics included below if you're interested.

  Cheers,

    Ryan

This train we are shipping work on the following features:

  * FxA-106: signin unblock:                3 PRs (now  42 / 43 =  98%)
  * FxA-41: signin funnel metrics:          2 PRs (now  67 / 73 =  92%)
  * FxA-51: Email Confirmation Flow (pt1):  3 PRs (now  10 / 12 =  83%)
  * FxA-89: devices view:                   1 PRs (now  50 / 56 =  89%)

As well as 50 general quality improvements.