> > - The old email address never becomes available for registration again.
>
> That is, email -> FxA user never changes from one user to another.
>
> We could certainly do this, but it's not clear to me what value it would
> deliver or what it would guard against.

My reasoning: devices (and potentially services) do, or must, sometimes use
the email address as a unique identifier for a user.

For example, the FxA on Android is named by email. A service like Bugzilla
might similarly associate an external account with an FxA by email.

If a new arrival can take a vacated email address, there is a chance that
they can take ownership of a service, or get consumers into a very
confusing state. If there's no benefit to taking ownership of a vacated
account, then I'd argue it's unnecessary risk.