Question 1 (structure)
- its mainly important that it works for you but I personally like the flatter
A) structure
- I rarely build with maven while development, hence it wouldn't be an issue to
have documentation on the same level
- for excluding/including submodules you can introduce a profile

Question 2 (groovy file)
- if the module has a lot of groovy files it might be useful to have them
separated
- question is how the IDEs (ecplise for me) treat the extra groovy structure

Cheers
- Philipp