Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

Dear Sirs,
I wrote a tiny program which calculates the checksum of a file.  It
should provide the the same result as md5sum(1), but it doesn't.

It's possible that there are problems with line endings.  But I must
admit that I don't remember whether I added the binary flag to the
function install_file(...) before Tomek tested it.  However, the fact
that md5sum.tlu and md5sum(1) provide different results is not what I
expect.

Any idea?

Something seems to be wrong with the library:

For example

$echo -n "test" | md5sum 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6  -

but

print(md5.sumhexa("test")) gives

0944483cd90a293923c8244520132de1

strange, as on my machine (vista) it gives

098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6

Hans