TeX Live has a directory Master/texmf-dist/doc/luatex/base with some
luatex documentation, more or less corresponding to /trunk/manual in the
sources:
https://foundry.supelec.fr/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/manual/?root=luatex

Some questions:

1) Are the fdata_* files created by Hartmut some years ago still up to
date?  Update, remove?

2) For functionref* and luatexref*, should I take the files from svn
now, or do they need more updates, or do they already refer to things
that won't be in the luatex with TL'15?

If one of you would like to update the TL directory, great, or please
let me know what to take.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. Regarding luatex.man, it evidently needs updating.  We have a
slightly different version in TL:Build/source/texk/web2c/man/luatex.man,
which at least updates the web2c/tl version each year, but I don't think
we've touched the actual content, including the version number.  If you
want to maintain it, great, otherwise, I suppose you might as well
remove it from your svn.

(Personally, I find it a waste of time and effort to try to maintain
separate man pages along with other doc.  I think help2man is the way to
go.  But there is such a long history with the man pages for TeX itself
and related, I can't bring myself to discard all that, even though they
all desperately need updating.  Sigh.)