> 1) Are the fdata_* files created by Hartmut some years ago still up to
    > date?  Update, remove?

    i'd say: rmeove

Ok.  Then I guess functionref* should also be removed, since that
document is evidently generated from the fdata* files.  (And the
functionref* files haven't been updated either.)  Did that.

    just take the ones from svn (0.80 branch) as we keep these in sync

Ack, thanks.  Updated luatexref* in TL from there.

    i never looked into that [man page]

Ok, I removed it from the luatex dir, and made some small updates to the
one in TL (Build/source/texk/web2c/man/luatex.man, will copy to runtime
tomorrow).

Thanks,
Karl