On 2015-05-20 16:58, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Wed, 20 May 2015 16:13:44 +0200 schrieb Wybo Dekker:

You don't even touch my question (which conffile(s))

You can change the line length in a texmf.cnf only for lualatex like
this:

max_print_line = 79
max_print_line.lualatex = 78

that would be an attempt to repair a luatex bug in texmf.cnf

I didn't try to find out how to do it permanently in miktex, but
there it is possible to use a command line option

pdflatex -max-print-line=100 test-utf8

and my arguments (unequal  max lengths in one file, 80 is not 79).

But Hans told you: luatex doesn't try to produce the same
messages/logs as pdftex.

I don't ask for identical log files. I only ask for luatex to obey the max_print_line = 79 statement in texmf.cnf.

I also don't understand what you would gain if they were identical
by default: as users can change them to their liking you can't rely
on the values.

--
Wybo