On 11/7/2019 3:21 PM, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
Hi,

based on an observation by Karl Berry on the TeX Live list I discovered
an inconsistency in LuaTeX's handling of `-recorder`: While LuaTeX does
record files loaded through `loadfile`, files loaded through `require`
are ignored:

For example if the current directory contains two empty files l1.lua and
l2.lua, then the document

\directlua{
   loadfile'l1.lua'()
   require'l2'
}
\bye

compiled with `luatex -recorder recorded` IMO should write to
recorded.fls the entries

PWD /some/weird/pwd
INPUT /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-var/web2c/luatex/luatex.fmt
INPUT ./recorded.tex
OUTPUT recorded.log
INPUT l1.lua
INPUT ./l2.lua

but it does write

PWD /some/weird/pwd
INPUT /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-var/web2c/luatex/luatex.fmt
INPUT ./recorded.tex
OUTPUT recorded.log
INPUT l1.lua

I do not think that this is intentional, so I added a patch to add
recorder entries iff the file is loaded successfully (similar to
`loadfile`)
i'll add recording but not conditional (as found means found, which is unrelated to a succesful load)

Hans