Adam Roach wrote:
On 6/13/19 5:28 PM, Eric Shepherd (Sheppy) wrote: >> to be prepared. My experiements suggest that even where there are
codecs>> that have a lossless or near-lossless feature in the spec, they tend >> not to>> be implemented, especially in browsers. So I guess that’ll be a big >> “nope”>> for now… unless someone has further guidance. VP9 has a lossless mode that is not completely terrible and, as far as I know, it is supported by every browser that implements VP9. If you know of one that does not support it, I'd be very interested to learn that.

That doesn't invalidate anything that Adam said about the practical limitations of public networks, of course.