On 11/8/2012 2:06 PM, richardson.balca...@gmail.com wrote:
> I believe my question is, if Mozilla is taking out their app development
> platform not 'XUL' per se. How would they promote "openness, innovation and
> opportunity on the web", only by giving us the opportunity of doing so in
> extensions on a browser?
>
> What's the strategy? Is not clear where is this going?

How is "on the web" not clear? Our mission is to promote the growth of
the web, not native desktop applications. XUL is simply a means to an
end that we use to produce Firefox. Promoting XUL does not help the web.
XULRunner is an artifact of the process we use to build Firefox. It's
never been officially supported, but we continue to release builds
because people find them useful. If you're looking for a well-supported
framework for building general desktop apps you should look elsewhere.

-Ted